2009/09/01

Fedora for MIPS N32 - A trouble bug fixed

After building a lot of Fedora packages on my Loongson 2f box with MIPS N32 ABI, I found that some of the programs just segmentation fault once started. I had no idea on the reason before.
Tonight when I was building cups, there is a segmentation fault during build, so I tried to play around with those CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for that small program, and I found that it is due to -fPIE, on x86 platform, we use -pie as CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, but for some other architectures like SPARC (and MIPS) we need to use -fPIE instead, so I tried to look for this option in openssh and xinetd, both fixed after changing that! So what I need is just to add a condition check in RPM spec files, and I don't even need to find which program requires this, because there is a checking for SPARC already.