2007/02/26

BIOS error...

My motherboard shows nothing even I plugged a VIA SATA adapter into it, seems due to BIOS not support booting from it. In order to make my card can boot up, I found some people has tried to add the VIA SATA rom file into the motherboard BIOS code to make it bootable.
After several research, I downloaded the SATA ROM and also my motherboard's BIOS, AMIBCP for editing BIOS modules, but seems AMIBCP cannot work correctly on my original BIOS code.
Then I tried to use another recommended tool - mmtool, but seems it will report some strange error too (like free space in BIOS = 2xx K which is impossible).
Finally I ignore and then add the SATA ROM into the BIOS... then flash it, of course, it didn't work afterward, now I need to find a shop to reflash the BIOS for me, poor!