2007/08/24

OpenSuSE 10.2 on iBook

As Debian looks quite boring and ... outdated in package list, I would like to reinstall the Linux on my iBook.
I've tried Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo on it, originally I want to try YellowDog, but cannot download for a whole night, so I switched to download OpenSuSE, see if it is good.
After downloading the 3.7 GB DVD image, burnt and tested, oops, the DVD cannot boot on my iBook, strange, after several trials, I decided to download the network install CD (88MB in size) and use network to install from the DVD.
But the network installation is very slow, and I found that I can choose media instead of network in installation source, so I use network install CD to boot and change to the burnt DVD, and it worked!
Now updating the whole system, should be finished in half hour.